CCB Assignments and Board Membership
President, John Schultz
Publicity, Rich Schroeder
Secretary, Peter Maughan
Treasurer, S.J. Chang
Membership, Joy Sorden
Director, Michael Wallace
Band Manager & Librarian, Ellen Hagen
Historian, Sam Achord
Web Administrator, David Williams
The Community Concert Band (CCB) typically has about 50 active members from the Central Illinois area and performs year-round. Michael Wallace is the conductor. The band is an all volunteer organization and provides its concerts for free to the public.
Many members also play in smaller ensembles that are associated with the band. For example, there is the "Opposite Sax" Quartet, Clarinet Choir, Flute Ensemble, Brass Ensemble and Dixieland band. The band also features soloist from the band as well as guest musicians such as Amy Gilreath and Greg Allen.
Membership in the Community Concert Band is open to all instrumentalists 18 years of age or older, or high school age by permission, who play instruments found in the standard scoring of the concert band. Participation in the activities of the CCB is on a voluntary basis and is not restricted by audition or fee. If you are interested in joining the band, send an e-mail to the Director, Mike Wallace.
The purpose of the Community Concert Band is two-fold:
- to provide opportunity for adults to participate in a concert band
- to make a unique musical and cultural contribution to the community
The functions of the Community Concert Band are:
- to be a not-for-profit organization
- to foster a spirit of camaraderie among the wind and percussion players in the community
- to bring a needed complement to the arena of amateur arts in the community
- to bring to the community musical experiences not provided by other musical organizationsCharter and Bylaws 2004
Band Charter and Bylaws